1940 North American NA-64 Yale
Exclusively for sale with Eagles Eleven
- 149 995 GBP
- A year ago
- North American
- NA-64 Yale
- Duxford, England, United Kingdom
- Seller type
- Total Time
- 290 h
- Engine Time
- 80 h
- Flight Rules
- VFR Day
- Serial Number
- Europe’s only airworthy Yale, this extremely rare and collectable Warbird was beautifully restored in 2000 by the Aircraft Restoration Company she has only flown 80 hours since that restoration.
- Manufacturer, Model
- Wright Aeronautical, Whirlwind
- Fuel Type
- The NA64 Yale was a basic trainer used by the US Army Air Corps from 1940, 3349 began her life destined to fulfil an order by the French Air Force in 1939.
- The French Air Force ordered 230 of the trainer in total 111 were delivered during 1940.
- These aircraft fell to the German Army which was so impressed with the aircraft they decided to use them as trainers, units were then formed with the aim of teaching German pilots how to fly captured Allied aircraft some of which you will see in the photos wearing the German cross, the remaining 119 were redirected to the Royal Canadian Air Force.
- This is a rare chance to own a unique piece of American, Canadian, French & German history.